Since 1912, we have earned the trust of patients, because we know that each visit and every procedure is not just about the state-of-the-art medical care we offer – it’s about caring. Halifax Regional Medical Center, is located in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina.
The Roanoke Valley Health Services (RVHS) Case Manager- RN is a part of the outpatient clinics of the hospital
A career opportunity awaits you; join our team of care givers who provide lifesaving services to our deserving community.
Candidates wishing to be considered for the Registered Nurse/Clinic-Case Manager will be responsible for supporting financial improvement, enhancing patient experience and driving value-based performance. RN will increase healthcare quality and cost control through effective deployment of information management. RN will perform to advance the mission and objectives of the organization while promoting a safe, healing patient care environment, which supports innovation, creativity and excellence in customer service.
- RN will coordinate and optimize healthcare team interventions across the continuum and assist in developing and meeting outcome management and system improvement goals.
- RN will coordinate the care of patient discharge activities for appropriate high risk patients to be consistent with hospital discharge goals and policies.
- RN will collaborate with the health team to develop processes, collect and present data, and implement improvement plans, with the goal of creating an outcome based practice.
- RN will maintain a consistent collaborative focus where individual and team goals are consistent with the goals of Halifax Regional Medical Center. RN will share information with the healthcare team on the impact of policy and reimbursement changes on patient care.
- RN will monitor resource utilization, including but not limited to, overall financial cost to care for a patient, hospital rates, emergency department use and number of clinic visits.
- RN will maintain timely oral and written communication with regards to clinical documentation for accrediting standards.
- RN will develop and work advanced reports for disease specific conditions and quality objectives.
- RN will be involved with quality based programs, such as meaningful use (MU) or Patient Quality Reporting System (PQRS). RN will analyze data through value based core tools, in order to identify gaps in the health of participants and populations, to predict at risk patients and improve outcomes.
- RN will focus on quality objectives, disease specific improvement goals, and patient’s individual adherence to therapy.
- RN will serve as the bridge between the patient, practice team, health system and community resources.
- RN can perform clinical functions including disease-oriented assessment and monitoring, medication adjustment, health education and self-care instructions.
- Graduate of approved School of Nursing and holds a current license to practice in the state of North Carolina.
- Minimum of two years office experience preferred, but not required
- Population and/or disease management, including database experience
- Experience with inpatient and outpatient care coordination
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multifaceted healthcare team
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with all levels of clinic staff
- Initiative to stay on the cutting edge of changes in the reimbursement systems
- Strong aptitude for computers
- Paid Time Off.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- 403B Retirement Planning.
- Leadership Role with Advancement opportunities.